- InSite V3.15 Now available!
- Services & Consulting
- AE & Ultrasonic Systems
- About Us
FLAC3D - Details and Requirements
FLAC3D is a numerical modeling code for advanced geotechnical analysis of soil, rock, and structural support in three dimensions.
FLAC3D is used in analysis, testing, and design by geotechnical, civil, and mining engineers. It is designed to accommodate any kind of geotechnical engineering project where continuum analysis is necessary.
FLAC3D utilizes an explicit finite difference formulation that can model complex behaviors not readily suited to FEM codes, such as: problems that consist of several stages, large displacements and strains, non-linear material behavior and unstable systems (even cases of yield/failure over large areas, or total collapse).
- Platforms: Vista, Vista 64, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 (please read our full OS Policy)
- Hard Drive: 200 MB (for full program installation), 100 MB (for model save files)
- Memory: (RAM)100 MB
- Video: 16-bit color, 1024x768 monitor
- Processor: 2 GHz or faster