- InSite V3.15 Now available!
- Services & Consulting
- AE & Ultrasonic Systems
- About Us
3DEC is a numerical modeling code for advanced geotechnical analysis of soil, rock, and structural support in three dimensions. 3DEC simulates the response of discontinuous media (such as jointed rock) that is subject to either static or dynamic loading.
- Discontinuous medium modeled as an assemblage of convex polyhedra or concave polyhedra (formed by joining together convex polyhedra); blocks may be rigid or deformable
- Discontinuities treated as boundary conditions between blocks
- Motion along discontinuities governed by linear and non-linear force-displacement relations for movements in both the normal and shear direction
- Material models include: elastic, anisotropic, Mohr-Coulomb, Drucker Prager, bilinear plasticity, strain softening, creep, and user-defined