- InSite V3.15 Now available!
- Services & Consulting
- AE & Ultrasonic Systems
- About Us
Itasca is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. Itasca strives to inform you as to the use of any personal information that is shared with Itasca, and to provide the necessary means to communicate your wishes about the use of that information.
When Information is Collected and Purposes of Use
- Communications from you: customer/client information is received in the ordinary operation of consulting work and/or software sales, and is used only for that purpose.
- Information collected: information collected includes first and last names, email address, company name and address
- Product purchase: at the time of obtaining consulting services , hardware or software from Itasca, personal information that is received will be used expressly for the purpose of completing the consulting project or sale (hardware and/ or software). Sales information is stored in a database to allow Itasca to inform code users of important changes or updates to their software and/or hardware, and to assist in customer support.
- Customer support: code user information is received in the process of providing technical support for hardware, Itasca and InSite software, and is retained for that purpose only.
- Client Area: user information is held for InSite users with annual maintenance support to control access to InSite software downloads.
- Newsletters: Itasca publishes an electronic newsletter via email (MailChimp)that is intended to provide timely and pertinent information about Itasca's consulting activities, software and hardware. Code purchasers are automatically entered on the distribution list, since it is a primary vehicle for updating communications. Prospective recipients may subscribe at any time; current recipients may unsubscribe at any time. Itasca has entered into a Data Processing Agreement with MailChimp and they agree to protect such Personal Data in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Shield Principles.
- Direct email: Itasca may at times send a direct email to customers/clients about important information.
- Web-use information: When you visit our website, our web server automatically collects information regarding your visit (referring domains, browser type, pages requested, etc.). This information does not identify you personally and is used strictly to observe the functioning of the Itasca website.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Only Itasca and its affiliates are recipients of the data.
Itasca does not share, trade, or sell information to third parties. If ordinary business operation between you and Itasca requires that your information be provided to an outside party, your consent will be obtained before the information is given.
Your information is stored in a protected environment and is only used by staff designated to carry out the purpose for which you provided the information.
Data Shelf Life
Your information will be kept for a period of 5 years following the end of the business relationship. Information for prospective clients will be kept for a period of 3 years from the last contact from the prospective client.
Website Security Issues
Itasca's website may link to other websites for purposes of further information or related interests; such linked sites are not governed by this policy. Itasca's newsgroups are provided to allow code users to interact directly. They are hosted by a third party that has its own privacy policies; any submissions by newsgroup users are voluntary and Itasca cannot control or be responsible for the use third parties make of such submissions.
According to the regulations in force, you have a right to access, rectification, opposition and in case of legitimate reasons for removal, limiting the processing of your data. You also have the right to portability of your data and the right to withdraw consent to the processing of data. You can exercise these rights or ask questions by writing to the following address info[at]itasca.co[dot]uk.
Transfer of Data outside the European Union
Itasca, as a member of the group ITASCA INTERNATIONAL may transfer some of your data to entities located outside the EU, including the United States.
In any event, the company Itasca agrees to transfer your data from entities with sufficient guarantees as to the protection of personal data.
Acceptance of Terms
By using our consulting services, purchasing our software or hardware products, or visiting our website, you are consenting to the practices described in this policy. Any requests for access to your information or questions about this policy should be sent to: info[at]itasca.co[dot]uk.